Still think social media is a fad?
Saw this little video over at Soshable. Figured it was worth sharing :)
From the video:
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the US last year met via social media
- Radio took 38 years to reach 50 million people, TV took 13 years, facebook had 100 million users in less than 9 months.
- If facebook were a country, it would be the world’s 4th largest, yet it wouldn’t even be as large as QQ, which is mainly used in china.
- Online students out-performs those recieving face-to-face education
- 80% of twitter usage is on mobile devices
- 76% of perople trusts peer recommendations. only 14% trusts advertising
- Youtube is the worlds 2nd largest search engine
- 24 of the 25 largest newspapers are experiencing record declines in circulation.
- Studies show, that wikipedia, on average, is more accurate than Encyclopedia Britannica.